- Info: Rotax Max Euro Trophy
- Photo: Timo Deck / Motorsport-XL.de
The organizers of the Rotax Max Euro Trophy took to social networks this Saturday to announce the official cancellation of their opening race at the Paul Fletcher International Circuit, in Great Britain, from July 10th to 12th.
With the previous postponement of Genk due to the gathering restrictions imposed in Belgium, PFI, home of the Trent Valley Kart Club, had been made the opening round of the 2020 Rotax MAX Euro Trophy.
In light of the new quarantine measures voted this week by the British authorities, decision has been made not to organize the event. “After discussions between Trent Valley Kart Club (TVKC)’s Nigel Edwards and Camp Company GmbH’s Meik Wagner, the first round of the amended calendar, due to be held at PFI between July 10th and 12th, will not go ahead as planned.”
“This is due to the current restrictions on travel, along with the current situation regarding hosting events here in the UK, with it making it impossible to safely manage potential visitors who would be attending the event. However, both parties have agreed that there will be a round of the Euro Trophy being held at PFI next year.”
As a result, the 2020 Rotax MAX Euro Trophy will start at the “Home of Champions” of Genk, followed by Wackersdorf and Adria at currently unchanged dates.
In order to keep a four-race calendar, the Circuito Karting Campillos near the city of Malaga, in Spain, has been added as closing round from November 6th to 8th.
Here’s the newly-amended provisional 2020 calendar:
- 7 – 9 August: Karting Genk (Belgium)
- 4 – 6 September: Prokart Raceland of Wackersdorf (Germany)
- 23 – 25 October: Adria International Raceway (Italy)
- 6 – 8 November: Circuito Karting Campillos (Spain)
Check out more with our international karting calendar.
You may be also interested in:
- Insight: How Kristianstad managed 2020’s first karting race with social distancing
- DKM unveils new 2020 four-race calendar
- RGMMC Champions of the Future moves series opener to Zuera
- International IAME Games: What we know about RGMMC’s new event at Portimao