- Info: FIA Karting / Guillaume Alvarez
- Photos: FIA Karting / KSP Reportages
The second round of the 2020 FIA Karting Academy Trophy was again very lively in Belgium. For a long time second, Macéo Capietto (FRA) couldn’t resist the impressive comeback of Theo Micouris (GBR) from seventh to second position. Nevertheless, the Frenchman moved up to second place in the classification before the expected conclusion at Lonato at the beginning of October.
Albin Stureson (SWE) made a remarkable debut in fourth place, whereas Rafael Modonese (PER) came back from 16th to fifth position in front of Zachary David (PHL), who was a great protagonist in the racing. Second at Adria, Maxime Furon-Castelain (LUX) had a difficult weekend which ended in 18th position with a spoiler penalty.
Provisional ranking of the FIA Karting Academy Trophy after the second competition at Genk:
- Connor Zilisch – 69 points
- Macéo Capietto – 41 points
- Jonathan Weywadt – 30 points
- Maxime Furon-Castelain – 29 points
- Alex Powell – 29 points
- Academy Trophy Genk Final‘s complete results
- Academy Trophy provisional standings after Genk
The Academy Trophy will be back on track from November 5th to 8th for its third and final round at the South Garda Karting of Lonato, in Italy.
You may also be interested in:
- FIA Karting European Championship – KZ/KZ2/Academy Round 2: Leaders in difficulty before Genk’s Finals
- FIA Karting European Championship – KZ/KZ2/Academy Round 2: Millel, Gustavsson and Braeken on pole at Genk
- FIA Karting European Championship – KZ/KZ2/Academy: Guide to Round 2 at Genk
- Onboards: When Verstappen broke Genk’s lap record at the 2013 KZ European Championship
- From forced break to drivers’ rush: Karting Genk’s partial reopening explained
Follow The RaceBox on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Youtube!