- Info & photos: ACI Sport / Circuito Internazionale Napoli
The Circuito Internazionale Napoli in Sarno is changing its appearance, with a new layout for kart, cars, and motorbikes that is partially different from the track we knew before. It is not the first time that the Sarno circuit has evolved since it was built back in 1992 by Giuseppe Sorrentino, but this time the change is radical.
In 30 years of activity, the Circuito Internazionale Napoli has hosted the most important international competitions. Since 2000, it has been the fixed venue of the Italian ACI Karting Championship, which has always met with great success in terms of participation.
The new length of the circuit is 1600 meters (check out above Marijn Kremer’s onboard video on the old layout) but the layout has changed mainly because of the new start straight, which is now located on the side of the paddock, where there used to be a break before tackling the final part of the track. The long straight that used to characterize the Sarno track is now interrupted by a mixed section, but it remains a good straight with the usual braking at the far end of the circuit.
The most important straight is now located in the start-finish area, which after a bend rejoins the next straight of the old start-finish section. The inauguration of the new facility is scheduled for March 14th, 2021.
Here’s the new track layout of Sarno from 2021 (1600 meters):
How it looked like until 2020 (1547 meters):
Check out Marijn Kremers (Birel ART) lapping at full speed on the former layout of the Circuito Internazionale Napoli (2019):
And here’s Sarno layout as it was in 2014 (1699 meters):
Here’s Jordon Lennox-Lamb (CRG) driving on the track in 2014:
Sarno’s track also confirmed the shape of its international racing calendar for 2021, as published by ACI Sport, Italy’s motorsport federation, since Sarno’s website is currently under maintenance.
- 21 March – Trofeo del Grifone
- 28 March – WSK Super Master Series, 3rd round
- 2 May – Pagliuca Trophy
- 20 June – Italian ACI Karting Championship, 5th round
- 27 June – WSK Euro Series, round 2
- 11 July – FIA Karting European Championship OK-OK-Junior
- 5 September – IAME Series Italy, 7th round
- 19 September – Competitor’s Cup, ACI Karting Regional Championship
- 12 December – Ayrton Senna Trophy
Get to know the driver line-ups of 2021:
More about 2021 calendars:
- Champions of the Future: the 2021 calendar is complete
- IAME X30 Euro Series: New trophy, fuel and tyres for 2021
- WSK Promotion: A new racing calendar for 2021
- Valencia’s IAME Winter Cup postponed to March
- Rok Cup presents its 2021 racing program
- 2021 FIA Karting Championships calendar confirmed
- DKM presents its 2021 racing calendar
You may also be interested in:
- Jordon Lennox-Lamb: “It is essential to give the driver confidence”
- James Geidel: “We have created unity in the karting paddock”
- When Max Verstappen used to go karting with Mick Schumacher
Follow The RaceBox on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Youtube!