- Info & photo: Rotax MAX Euro Trophy / Camp Company
“To all drivers and teams. It is with great sadness that the forthcoming ROTAX MAX Challenge Winter Cup, due to take place at Circuito Karting Campillos between March 12th and 14th, is now officially cancelled”, announces Camp Company on the Facebook page of the Rotax MAX Challenge Euro Trophy.
“Primarily, promoters Camp Company GmbH have felt that under the current global pandemic situation, the health and safety of everyone are paramount. We have also taken into consideration the current requirements for individuals to quarantine after traveling, which has thereby impacted the majority of the competitors and teams that were due to head to Andalusia. This gives the event no potential of great sporting value, as a result of the current entry list, which would be further reduced at the present moment.”
“In addition, schools have been closed for a lengthy period, and we feel it is not right to keep those that compete in the younger classes from missing out on going back to education and seeing friends. This is the only logical decision that we can make, and we hope to return to Campillos for future Winter Cup events in the future.”
“As a result of this, the first race weekend of the 2021 calendar will now be held at Karting Genk: Home of Champions, between April 9th and 11th. We will endeavor to keep you all up to date with any further developments as they happen.”
Find out more about driver line-ups for 2021 on our dedicated page.
More about the 2021 season:
- Sarno presents its new track layout for 2021
- Champions of the Future: the 2021 calendar is complete
- IAME X30 Euro Series: New trophy, fuel and tyres for 2021
- WSK Promotion: A new racing calendar for 2021
- Valencia’s IAME Winter Cup postponed to March
- Rok Cup presents its 2021 racing program
- 2021 FIA Karting Championships calendar confirmed
- DKM presents its 2021 racing calendar