- Info: Birel ART
- Photos: FIA Karting / KSP
For Riccardo Longhi, a double role within the Birel ART racing division has begun, states the Lissone factory. Birel ART Offical Driver since 2017, Riccardo also takes over the position of Team Manager with immediate effect.
The driver, born in 1994, will continue to compete in the most important international KZ and KZ2 competitions, the FIA Karting Championships, and the WSK Euro Series, but will also be active in the role of Team Manager, starting from Round 4 of the WSK Super Master Series, on April 23-25 April at Lonato.
After conquering important goals together, among which two WSK titles and a third place in the FIA Karting International KZ2 Super Cup as well as the silver medal at the FIA Karting KZ World Championship, now the aim is to further consolidate the cooperation between Longhi and Birel ART.
“I’m happy and proud that Ronni Sala has chosen me for such an important role” declares Longhi “We had already talked about a hypothetical future, but now the opportunity has arisen and I want to seize it. For now, however, I don’t want to stop being a driver and my aim is to manage all my commitments in the best possible way.”
“There are many things to learn, but fortunately I can count on the support of my colleagues. In the company, I already know the environment and all the people who work there and on the track we have been a close-knit group for some time.”
The collaboration between Luca Filini and Birel ART Racing ends by common agreement. The Italian manufacturer thanks Luca for all the work done.
You may also be interested in:
- WSK Euro Series Round 1: Pesl, Al Dhaheri, Lindblad & Kremers winners of wet & hard-fought Finals at Lonato!
- WSK Super Master Series Round 3 – Saturday: Gustavsson, Antonelli, Powell & Slater lead after the heats
- WSK Super Master Series Round 2: Lindblad, Powell & Costoya winners of La Conca
- WSK Super Master Series Round 1: Gustavsson, Camara, Al Dhaheri & Lammers shine at Adria
- WSK Champions Cup: Gustavsson, Camara, Al Dhaheri and Lammers claim victories at Adria