- Info & photos: CRG Factory
The renewal with Ippolito, who will take part in all the FIA Karting events in the KZ category (European & World Championship) and in some WSK races, wants to give continuity to the positive work carried out in 2020, but also to guarantee stability among the many new entries in the CRG Factory Team.
Paolo Ippolito is a driver who has always been very fast in all the categories in which he raced and among the most important results in his career, he achieved an Italian and Open KF3 title in 2010 with the team of the multi-champion Alessandro Piccini, a 4th place in the 2011 KF2 World Championship and the 2nd place in the 2017 KZ2 European Championship.
“2020 was a very complicated year, both for the Covid-19 pandemic and for the events that occurred at the World Championship in Lonato”, Paolo Ippolito comments. “But it was also a season with many positive aspects for me. I was able to show that I was competing on a par with the best drivers in KZ and, from a technical point of view, I think I did a good development job with the team. I am therefore very happy to give continuity to this work because racing with the CRG official team is the highest ambition for a kart driver, just as I am very grateful to TM for the support they gave with the engine in the past season and for their trust in me.”
More about driver line-ups for 2021:
Discover more about the 2021 international karting season:
- Interview: IPK CEO Petr Ptacek on Formula K’s World title, IAME’s arrival & how karting must cut costs
- Rotax Grand Finals: Preparation underway as government threatens new lockdown
- 2020 Rotax MAX Challenge Grand Finals to go ahead at Portimao
- Valencia’s IAME Winter Cup postponed to March
- WSK Promotion at work to adapt its 2021 racing calendar
- 2021 FIA Karting Championships calendar confirmed
- RGMMC reveals 2021 IAME Euro Series’s calendar dates
- DKM presents its 2021 racing calendar