- Video: Alex Vernardis / The RaceBox
- Text: Guillaume Alvarez
Following FIA Karting’s decision that South Garda would welcome again the KZ World Championship, the International KZ2 Super Cup and the closing round of the Academy Trophy in September 2020, let’s look back on last year’s performance from KZ world champion Marijn Kremers.
In this video, featuring GPS data, the Dutchman (now on his way to British F4) goes for a short series of laps on a dry Lonato, topping his second Free Practice Session on Friday, September 20th, 2019.
Lap times breakdown:
- Lap 1: 46.674
- Lap 2: 48.349
- Lap 3: 46.007
Third-fastest in Qualifying, Kremers led the provisional classification on Saturday thanks to two heat wins before defeating his fiercest rival, Adrien Renaudin (Sodikart/TM), in a thrilling 25-lap Final on Sunday. As the Frenchman was penalized, Kremers’s teammate Riccardo Longhi (Birel ART/TM) inherited second place ahead of Bas Lammers (Sodikart/TM).
You may also be interested in:
- Onboards: When Verstappen broke Genk’s lap record at the 2013 KZ European Championship
- Onboard : Paolo De Conto at La Conca – 2013 WSK Master Series
- Charles Leclerc : “Most of my race vision I’ve learned through karting”
- George Russell : “Back in karting, it was just pure racing”
- Alex Albon on his karting days : “I had good battles with Verstappen”