- Info: Guillaume Alvarez
- Photos: www.birelart.com
As the re-start of the karting season is getting near, Birel ART took some of its drivers for on-track practice last weekend, along with a very special guest.
MotoGP regular Andrea Iannone was invited by the Italian factory to drive around the Ortona circuit in the company of Giuseppe Palomba, one of the men on form in early 2020, Alex Irlando, and Leonardo Marseglia.
The Italian rider, who has been competing at the highest level of motorcycle racing for the past 15 years including a win in the 2016 Austrian Grand Prix, was wearing his recognizable #29 painted on the sidepods and nose cone of his KZ2 machinery.
You may also be interested in:
- Kimi Räikkönen: “If my son asks to compete, I would help him as much as I can”
- From forced break to drivers’ rush: Karting Genk’s partial reopening explained
- How Kristianstad held 2020’s first karting race with social distancing
- International IAME Games: What we know about RGMMC’s new event at Portimao
- European karting tracks reopen doors but only for free practice