- Info & photo: FIA Karting
The FIA has recently been made aware that Bridgestone is no longer able to supply tyres to the FIA Karting Championships, Cups and Trophies due to logistical problems related to Covid-19.
In light of this situation, and acting in the best interests of the sport, it was important for the FIA to find a viable and immediate alternative solution for the supply of tyres for events to be held on the European continent in 2021.
By e-vote on 27 April 2021, the World Motor Sport Council has, therefore, in addition to its selection as exclusive tyre supplier for the FIA Karting Competitions to be held in Brazil in 2021, selected MG Tires as the replacement exclusive tyre supplier for the FIA Karting Championships, Cups and Trophies organized on the European continent in 2021, with the exception of the Superkart category.
You may also be interested in:
- Riccardo Longhi is the new team manager of Birel ART Racing Team
- Suspension & 15-year ban for Luca Corberi
- 2021 FIA Karting calendar: opening rounds at Zuera & Adria rescheduled
- Bridgestone will stop kart tyre supply in 2022
Follow The RaceBox on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Youtube!