- Info: FIA Karting / Guillaume Alvarez
- Photos: FIA Karting / KSP
In perfect weather conditions, the last day of the Genk competition offered a high-quality show to the fans of close racing from all over the world. Although the field had suffered from the infection-control constraints imposed by the renewed prevalence of COVID-19 in Europe, the FIA Karting competition at Genk kept its promises in terms of sporting intensity.
The challenge wasn’t easy for Marijn Kremers (Ricciardo Kart/TM) at the beginning of the Final, because he had to get a good result while his rivals couldn’t score many points. Stan Pex (KR/TM) complicated his task by taking the lead in the Final on the fifth lap. Jorrit Pex (KR/TM) moved up to third place after taking back three places and it was further down the order that the Championship was being decided.
After a bad start, one of the three protagonists, Alessandro Irlando (Birel ART/TM) came back to fifth position, before a spoiler penalty relegated him to seventh place. Simo Puhakka (Tony Kart/Vortex) finished ninth without being able to defend his chances. Kremers was in control of the race and didn’t need to attack Stan Pex who he followed closely from beginning to end.
The Qualifying poleman Noah Milell (Tony Kart/Vortex) finished fourth in front of Adrien Renaudin (Sodikart/TM). Crowned FIA Karting World Champion – KZ in 2019, Kremers had planned to start this year in single-seaters but after the interruption caused by the pandemic, he could not resist the proposal from the Birel ART Racing team to resume karting. A beautiful title of FIA Karting European Champion – KZ rewarded his first-rate performance in karting.
Final classification of the FIA Karting European Championship – KZ:
- Marijn Kremers – 51 points
- Alessandro Irlando – 45 points
- Simo Puhakka – 41 points
- Stan Pex – 37 points
- Riccardo Longhi – 37 points
The KZ category will be back on track from November 5th to 8th for the FIA Karting World Championship at the South Garda Karting of Lonato, in Italy.
You may also be interested in:
- FIA Karting European Championship – KZ/KZ2/Academy Round 2: Leaders in difficulty before Genk’s Finals
- FIA Karting European Championship – KZ/KZ2/Academy Round 2: Millel, Gustavsson and Braeken on pole at Genk
- FIA Karting European Championship – KZ/KZ2/Academy: Guide to Round 2 at Genk
- Onboards: When Verstappen broke Genk’s lap record at the 2013 KZ European Championship
- From forced break to drivers’ rush: Karting Genk’s partial reopening explained