- Text: Guillaume Alvarez
- Video & photos: Alex Vernardis
On June 14th, 2019, Marijn Kremers went out for a short series of laps during Friday’s final Free Practice session, where he set the third-fastest performance, at the closing round of the FIA Karting European Championship – KZ.
- Lap 1: Out lap
- Lap 2: 58.917
- Lap 3: 56.332
- Lap 4: In lap
Qualifying turned out to be more difficult for the young Dutchman (13th) as well as the heats with a pair of 13 position-finishes and a retirement.
17th on the Final’s starting grid, Kremers turned his ‘attack mode’ on and climbed the field up to fifth place after 20 thrilling laps. He eventually classified eight overall in the FIA Karting European Championship.
Crowned KZ World champion at Lonato in September, third in the WSK Euro Series, Kremers produced some stellar performances in 2019, including a second place in the 23rd running of the Superkarts! USA SuperNationals before embarking on a new journey in single-seater!
You may also be interested in:
- When Verstappen competed in RGMMC’s Euro-Challenge at Castelletto
- Marijn Kremers masters Lonato at the 2019 KZ World Championship
- When Verstappen broke Genk’s lap record at the 2013 KZ European Championship
- Onboard Paolo De Conto at La Conca – 2013 WSK Master Series
Follow The RaceBox on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Youtube!